Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I WaWaWaWant, What I NeNeNeNe Need


Our wants, our needs what does it all really mean? Are there times when what we need exceeds what we want? Because most of the time what we want always exceeds what we REALLY need. I believe it's part of the natural man that is inside each of us to go after things that are temporary highs when God is looking down like "yo Clayton, my boy, that ain't what you need!" But since he has given us this life to prove ourselves and make our choices, how do we really know when to go after the things we want and the things we need.


Each of us has been given this life and whether you believe in a higher power or not, the goal is to be the best we can in this life. We all make decisions and choices everyday that can determine our future. What do in the present can echoe in the eternities is a quote we should live by. In my belief, sometimes or most of the time we get on our knees with something that we want or asking for. It's almost like we have the mindset to get on our knees and pray for revelation of what we need, but we're set in our minds what we want. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the Lord just let me make my own decision and the consequence comes about sometime after.


When I think of different songs that put something like this into perspective, I think of Garth Brooks - Unanswered Prayers - the chorus goes as such :


Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers


Remember when your talkin to the man upstairs


That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care


Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.


We should look at the things we want in life and understand what we need. The balance of life comes when we can enjoy progressing through achieving our dreams without giving up who we really are. Sometimes those prayers we pray don't come back instantly with an answer and in a world where we want everything instantly, God does not change for what he created - he expects us to change for Him. Take a list of what we want and what we really need and make some decisions to go after something that will strengthen ourselves. Whether its relationships, traveling, a career, or whatever the goal is - TAKE THE CHANCE IF THEIRS A CHANCE WORHT TAKING!


Clayton

No comments: