Thursday, July 15, 2010

NEW Kenny Chesney - Boys Of Fall - Released Monday

So he's back! New Album coming out in September called "Hemmingway's Whiskey", so the first single from that album is titled, "Boys of Fall." This is a documentary that he has been working on for about 18 months and will be the theme song. It's going to take a little getting used, I like it, but I expected something bigger for a first single. Similar to a "Beer in Mexico" or "Summertime", but since we are coming up to fall here in Sept./Oct. when his album will be released its expected that we get a reminiscent song.

So my first thoughts on the song were memories from my brother playing football at Orange Glen and going to watch him-even being the waterboy for the Patriots. There was that feeling in the air that fall was here, and football was in full swing. I can remember the snack shack, player pins, the coach, the cheering, the national anthem, and smell of the grass.

The lessons I learned from my brother, and the lessons he learned are ever present today and thats what Kenny delivers in this song. I cannot wait for the documentary on HS football to come out and see the true feeling of what Friday nights from September-December are all about. In his song he talks about small towns like his that was the only way out for some of the players. That is a big deal in so many towns and cities in America. Watch Remember the Titans, Rudy, Friday Night Lights, and a few others I can't think of.

So check out the link below and tell me your thoughts on he song


http://www.theboot.com/2010/07/13/kenny-chesney-boys-of-fall-lyrics/

No comments: