Monday, July 12, 2010

Lessons Learned From a Scion xB - New York, here I come

So this is Sonya. I've had her for a little over a month now and all I can tell you is I am so thankful for family and paying tithing. Because EVERYONE LISTEN I made a huge financial mistake! I went in to see what kind of car I could get one Friday and came away without, Maxine my Nissan Frontier, who I miss! My monthly payments, after a huge ordeal went from $384 to $356 a month with 11% interest rate at 75 months. As much as I was able to talk them down, I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE. I am now looking to sell Sonya and find a more economical car that will save me tons of money. Because heres what I've realized:
**I dont need a nice car until I can really fit it in too my budget
**I would rather use my extra cash to go on trips, save for concerts, and use the money on a future girl
**Debt sucks! Debt sucks!
**As much as I love the Scion xB, man I miss having a truck to take on adventures

The most important thing I've learned is to use a budget and negotiate until theres no more room to negotiate. And I've realized that spending more time outside going to do things rather than sitting in your house doing nothing because you have not that much money after a paycheck is not the life to live.

This next month I am going to New York for my first time. and I'm reaaaallly hoping to have my car sold by the end of this month so I can have that extra cash to spend in New York! Thats the thing about debt, it tangles you in its web until you have no room to move. I hate that and its mine own decision I must face. One thing, I know as well if I pay my tithing, which for LDS is 10% of every check earned from working, that the Lord will bless me to get rid of this mistake and move forward with smarter decisions that will increase my knowledge in life.

One way I see that happening is by having opportunities to take those trips and see museums, go to church in another state or country, meet new people, share the gospel on these trips...so many ways to be of service to others by not being bound by the desires of man. So if you know anyone in the market for a Scion xB 2008, 40,000 miles.

Either way, don't let stupid debt run your life or tangle you in a web that is difficult to get out of!
:)

No comments: