Saturday, July 17, 2010

Men's Style for Summer








Lovin some of these styles right now. Because I'm on such a tight budget til I can sell my car, I will have to do some thrift shopping at Goodwill. WAIT! I do that anyways but still I love finding styles in magazines and online blogs but then going to a thrift store and making my own creation of who I am at the time. No one, I believe, should live their life inside a box that keeps them bound. The whole Hollister, American Eagle, A & F, thing is something I never liked at all, its fine for people that just need clothes and dont' care, well there is this element of guys who wear that clothing that makes them kind of douchebags. Remember that whole movement of popped collars, that was basically the association with douchebagery.

Well at this point it doesnt really bother me and I shouldn't be so judgmental of how people are. Anyways I got off on a tangent there, I am just about steppin out of my box and creating me not letting corporations create my style. There are some good websites out there that offer some good models of street clothing ideas. Karmaloop.com, Nylon For Guys magazine, GQ, London and European street clothing blogs, http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/. When I was in London over Thanksgiving I found so many ideas of things I could create and decided to look more into new styles.

Right now I'm feeling the nautical, white pants, blue suit coat, even shorts above the knee cap, bow tie, fedora cap style. There is just something about this summer that screams to me nautical style. Update you on some new finds!