Monday, January 18, 2010

Crazy Heart along with a Crazy Weekend

This morning I was supposed to go golfing with my boss and some other co-workers but the rain was falling pretty hard at 7:30am. On my way to play golf, my boss called and said since the rain was puring there would be none today. That was fine because I needed to save money, and wanted to get back to sleep anyways. Made it back home, went back to sleep then woke up to try and get myself together. It was one of those days that I felt like a "Monday Morning Quarterback" because of the Chargers loss. I guess it really affected me pretty bad!

Anyways, my movie going of late has been non-existent meaning my last movie was day before Thanksgiving in London watching "This Is It". So there are a few movies that have come that I've wanted to see, but today since it was raining and I was in contemplative mood and needed some kind of mind relaxer, I went to see "Crazy Heart." This is a movie about a 57-yr old washed up country artist who finds himself again through meeting a woman with a 4year old son in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He goes from town to town on these cafe or bowling alley gigs. He is known as "Bad Blake." Throughout the whole movie he is this chain-smoking, alcoholic who is slowly running his life into the ground. He has no new music material and always denies the person he taught music to, "Tommy Swift" because he's a big shot in the business.

The whole concept which I got from the movie, is don't put off tomorrow what you can, and maybe should do today! I would say exactly how the movie ends but I won't tell you because its good. Not that its like some amazing ending but I just love that its about true country musician. I've always wanted to live life on the road and listen to old country, rock, blues music. I've wanted to live out an Eagles song, maybe travel to Winslow, Arizona like it says in "Take It Easy." Maybe other people are similar to me and maybe they aren't. I believe everyone can gain something from this movie and its message.

No comments: