Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hard Work and Timing- Are They Related?

We all know the adage, "Practice makes perfect." So what does it mean to you? Lately, as I have had a lot more time to think about things in my life about where I'm going and what I exactly want to do, I've noticed that there are some relations with hard work and timing. I believe though there are times when hard work does not always bear the fruits right away but in a time when life or God see's fit to allow it. Whether you believe in God, a higher power, or not at all, I think we can all agree certain events in our life happen at the right time for the right reason.

One of the things that has crossed my mind of late is my LOVE LIFE. Do you work hard to find that special someone or do you just let things come to pass with that significant other? I've questioned why I haven't had a girlfriend in about 2 years or why things dont go beyond being just a friend (or best friend). A lot of friends just say it usually happens when you aren't looking or just keep doing whats right and doing you-it will come. I see a lot of people dont many different people and quite a few of these people they don't really last. For me I have had really only 2 solid type girlfriends or girls I've dated. Each time there was some type of work I had to put into building something that would last. The other person also has to work at it as well.

So when your out looking for someone to love, do you actively pursue finding that love or do you just allow things to come as they are? The last question deals more with is your energy so powerful that people are naturally attracted to you or maybe you've worked hard with friendships or relationships in the past that its comes back around like a boomerang? I've made several attempts to create opportunities of girls that I am interested in or want to get to know better. I'm not sure if its who I am that creates some type of friend zone attitude or if who I am makes them to intimidated. I like to be honest with others and with myself, so I have definitely learned to have a different attitude towards seeking a relationship.

Hard work and timing are related! One takes a lot of will, motivation, sometimes blood, sweat, and tears. The other is just the timing of your universe coming together from the hard work. What motivates you to work hard? What keeps you going?

No comments: