Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My 14 Favorite Albums of 2010 / Back In Time Top Songs of 2000



Taylor Swift -Speak Now - Yep I love this album! She absolutely writes amazing and eventhough she has a studio voice and not a concert voice (at least on the scream songs), this album is good from start to finish and very catchy. Listen to: Back to December, Haunted, and Never Grow Up

Michael Jackson - Michael - What can i say?! I mean I've been waiting for some new MJ music since 2003. A lot of new artists that worked with him said that his music shouldnt have been finished and put out, but I say you can't hide a mans talents in the ground as the scriptures say! I love most of this album! I know there are some songs I just can't get into. But Michaels melodies, voice changes, and the music perfection is just too amazing. Listen to: I Like The Way (You Loving Me); Hollywood Tonight; Monster (which 50 Cent kills his rap); Hold My Hand w/ Akon

Kenny Chesney-Hemingways Whiskey - Ok, so at first I just didn't expect this from KC. I even told Filip Matous, that it just didn't seem like KC. But then a few listens in I was loving it. He knows how to really tell his life through songs and us fans can think of sometime in our life where we felt the same. Good duet with Grace Potter! Listen to: Somewhere with You, Where I Grew Up, Boys of Fall, and Reality

Zac Brown Band - You Get What You Give - ZBB is amazing! Sophomore album is absolutely just as good as the Foundation if not better! Including someone like Alan Jackson on the first single will always be a good idea! Listen to: As She's Walking Away, Oh My Sweet Carolina (Live), I Play The Road, Settle Me Down

John Mayer - Battle Studies (November 2009 but i didnt listen until 2010) - This album got me through ALOT. It was my summer soundtrack! He continued his legacy from Continuum and whatever those critics say about losing his touch, NOT TO ME! Listen to: Heartbreak Warfare, Perfectly Lonely, Half of My Heart

Kanye West -My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - I really don't like Kanye West! And to have TSwift and him in the same 2010 list of albums is weird to me! but this album is amazing. I got the super clean version, somehow from a torrent, and there are some amazing raps on this! Listen to: All The Lights, Runaway, Monster

Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid - Just listent to the whole album! You're life will change! Tightrope has an amazing track with Big Boi! And the video is so dope! Even though she got some mainstream push, she still is very indie to me! Listen to : Tightrope, Dance or Die, Wondaland

Mark Ronson- Record Collection - I love Mark Ronson! I love anything that includes Motown mixed with 2010 electronic production! Bang Bang Bang has Q-Tip and thats all you need to know. Listen to: Bang Bang Bang, The Bike Song, Somebody To Love Me

Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning - They are not really hip-hop anymore! They went away from that after Bridging the Gap, but they once again are producing at great lengths! This one is way more chill than THE E.N.D. even though Dirty Bit is pretty hardcore. Listen to : Love You Long Time, Fashion Beats, XOXOXO, Do It Like This

Yeasayer- Odd Blood - I love this band! Reminds me a lot of Depeche Mode 2010 and O.N.E. is my favorite track

Lady Antebellum - Need You Now - What can I say?! they are amazing, even if they are country pop- they do well at it! Hello World, American Honey, Need You Now, and I Run to You. Amazing!

N.E.R.D. - Nothing - When I heard the snippets before the album dropped, it just didnt sound great! but Travis May and I saw them live in Phoenix and it was amazing. Listen to: Hypnotize U (W. Daft Punk), I've seen the light / in the clouds, God Bless Us All, Hot N Fun

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot - Shutterbug is soooo dope! And its good to have one of the members of Outkast droppping some lyrical bombs! Great album!

Arcade Fire -The Suburbs - just Listen!!!!!

Top Songs of 2000:
Its Gonna Be Me - Nsync
Nelly - Country grammar
Blaque-Bring It All To Me
Never Let You Go - 3rd Eye Blind
Britney Spears - Oops I Did it Again
Jay-Z - Big Pimpin'
The Next Episode - Dr. Dre
Mary Mary-Shackles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for listing NSYNC's It's Gonna Be Me at the top of your list for the 2000's.

Wow - thank you!