Monday, August 2, 2010

Liken The Scriptures - (Not Biting Kyle's Style)


My friend, Kyle Aldous, is doing a wordpress blog which everyday, or when he updates his blog, he will liken the scriptures to events happening in his life. I have regularly followed Kyle for the past few weeks and past blog posts. All I can say is I'm really impressed how he bringing the scriptures words in his life and comparing them to things that are happening. It's really admirable and I've definitely been impressed to do things similar in my life. I may not be blogging it everyday but I am definitely looking at what I read everyday and trying to apply somehow in my life.
One of the things I've been terrible at writing in my journal everyday but being able to get on here and share whats going on in my life has been a lot easier. I've found a lot of inspiration through other friends blogs both in the Church and outside the Church. I believe the words we say, write, hear, and things we do will echoe in eternity, so eventhough we cant take things with us to the next life, these words I'll be able to go back on in this life and the next.
I'm going to try my best at the end of everyday to analyze what happened and where in the scriptures I can find something similar to my situation. My life right now, I feel like I need to stabilize it and be grounded a little bit more. I think the last few months I've put too much stress on myself in so many different ways and I need to step back maybe get to the basics again while moving forward.
At these points of my life where things get crazy, I like to run away and just not deal with the stress in its face! Maybe thats another fear I have to face, is not run when something doesnt go my way- say a potential relationship, work not going as well as I'd like, or when school is just boring. So I guess rather than relying so much on moving through this world like a rolling stone, I need to put my trust in the Lord that as I do what I need too, he will help me bear the stresses I come upon! A HA MOMENT!

2 comments:

justified said...

I am still laughing about the title! Nice! Dude I'd be honored to have you bite my style! Haha -
Great post! You mentioned something online about a potential move to Utah??? Is this true????

C-Bass said...

I don't know theres a lot of options out there for me, and being in Salt Lake might be one of them. Good dance scene, possible jobs, and hopefully a future wife haha