Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Top Songs & Albums of 2009


So I had to decide exactly what albums/songs influenced me the most this year. All albums/songs of 2009 are in the year 2009. So we will start with the songs. There may be some repetitive answers to my albums and songs.

Songs:
10. Ryan Leslie - You're Not My Girl - Thanks to Travis May for getting me into Ryan Leslie because I have put his albums on repeat. This song is replacing JT's "Sexy Ladies" because I'm not too happy with JT right now. Y.N.M.G. has that funky guitar, with that southern synthesized organ/piano, some good background hi hat drums, a dope bass guitar that rides the beat like a summer day, and the concept of the song is different.

9. Jason Aldean - Truth - I am just loving this song lately! That country twang guitar and country fiddle with that sand in a seashell swooshy sound (yeah pretty terrible description right). I think every one can relate to this song with some break up and you have friends who surround that other person. "Just don't tell them I've gone crazy...Just don't tell 'em all the truth." Aldean is pure songwriting genius.

8. fun. - All The Pretty Girls (On A Saturday Night) - !!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats all I need to say. Check one of my earlier notes.

7. Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA - Yes I love this song! Ok so I hate Lady Gaga because shes nasty and her music just is terrible. But Miley Cyrus caught me nodding my head and shakin my hips. It's such a happy positive song! Come on - you love it!

6. Tim McGraw - Southern Voice - The song is exactly what country is! I'm glad Timmy brought it back hard with this song! Which the album is really awesome. But you mix a song that includes Michael Jordan, Jack Daniels, Billy Grahm, and Number 3 drove it! Really simple in terms of musicality, but the lyrics take you for a ride through the Southern States!

5. Keith Urban - Kiss A Girl - This song is exactly what I needed to get over a crazy break up! "She broke my heart/Broke it right in two/ And it took some time/But I'm feeling like/I'm ready to/ Find, find somebody new/ I wanna Kiss a girl/I wanna hold her tight." Album will be in top 10 for 2009. This song brings memories of moving here to Arizona and sneaking backstage at Keith Urban's concert here in Phoenix. haha

4. Black Eyed Peas - Imma Be - This song just drives me to dance! It's got hits for days in the track. BEP really brought it hard with this album. All the haters will say they ain't hip-hop anymore, but I don't care I love a good sound and something to get down too and this is it!

3. fun. - Light A Roman Candle - I don't think there is any song that could settle me and make me smile as much as this one. Seriously, fun. hit this one out of the ballpark! There is so much to be said but you just need to listen to the song.

2. Jamey Johnson - In Color - I really the love craft of songwriting and the concepts that make a song really grab you. Well Jamey Johnson could sing about something ridicuously stupid, sad, or childish and I think you would accept it as gold! In Color is just one of those songs everyone can relate to. Love this song.

drumm roollll

1. fun. - The Gambler - I cry everytime I hear this song. No really I do! Nate Ruess now sits next to Ben Folds in terms of songwriting ability for that sweet love song. The Gambler is all about Nate's parents and the blossoming of a love and a family. The end of the song says, "I will set the table/And you can make the fire." Just beautiful!

Top Albums
10. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
9. k-os - Yes!
8. Brad Paisley - American Saturday Night
7. Flo-Rida - R.O.O.T.S.
6. Ryan Leslie - Transition
5. Forever The Sickest Kids - Underdog Alma Mater
4. John Mayer - Battle Studies
3. Black Eyed Peas - The E..N.D.
2. Keith Urban - Defying Gravity
1. fun. - Aim & Ignite

Artist of the Year is Michael Jackson! No doubt because of his death! His spirit and legend lives on with me and those who continue to use his influence with music, dance, love, and charity work! We will celebrate the light that he brought to this earth!
RIP MJ 1958-2009

No comments: